Ellen Hutson LLC - Essentials by Ellen May Release!





I'm so excited to share a project that I designed especially for today's Ellen Hutson LLC - Essentials by Ellen May Release!  I inked up the new Mondo Sakura by Julie Ebersole.  


If you're familiar with Julie's Mondo collection they're big + beautiful!
  

My card base is a standard A2 size (4.25 x 5.5).  Look at the glorious size of that beautiful bloom!  I stamped it with Versafine Onyx on Ranger Watercolor paper.  They've been watercolored with Spun Sugar  +  Picked Raspberry.  The stems and leaves have been colored with Zig Clean Color Markers Pale Green  •  Emerald Green.  


The Hello and you have been stamped with Versafine Onyx.  The Hello almost looks like die cut letters, doesn't it?!  As I pondered what I was going to use for the 'wonderful' die cut available with the Mondo Sakura Designer Dies, it hit me to use my leftover bits of watercolor paper.  I brushed some swipes of Picked Raspberry on it and die cut away!


The background is compliments of Twisted Citron using the smooshing technique.  I loaded up a large acrylic blocked with Twisted Citron, spritzed it with water and literally smooshed my watercolor panel onto it.  I hit it with my heat gun and did it again to get the desired consistency.  The black flecks are ala Kuretake Ganzai black.  I saturated a wet watercolor brush with the paint.  I used the side of  an acrylic block, and tapped the paintbrush (situated directly above the area I wanted to fleck).  This gives such nice round droplets, doesn't it?

I can't wait to see all the other gorgeous New Release inspiration!

Affiliate shopping links at no extra cost to you!

Comments

Lisa said…
WOW! Gorgeous! ... I still haven't mastered Smooshing... it never comes out as beautiful as this... just so stunning! (Yes... you made me say stunning!)
Helen Gullett said…
Wow Amy that is gorgeous coloring on those Sakura flowers!!!
Fikreta said…
Wow! Its stunning card!
Love it!
I Card Everyone said…
So very lovely, amy!
=]